Monday, September 20, 2010

Cosplay ideas for Sakura Con 2011!

Oy I've been thinking a lot about next year's Sakura Con 2011. I have a few ideas, and one for sure (I think) is a cosplay couple with my boyfriend, from the anime called Darker Than Black.
I enjoyed this anime, though it is just as the title suggests.. it's pretty dark... darker than black. duur...
Anyways I plan to be the chick to the left (obviously), Yin (Chinese for Silver teehee. I guess you'd have to watch it to get it..), and my boyfriend the guy on the right, Hei (Chinese for Black). I'm excited, this may be our Friday cosplay plan.  I gotta get the dress - I suck at making my own (but recently startin to make my own props) and I already have a seller on ebay in mind, really gorgeous material.  Wig I know a website that has this.  So i'm all set. 

But what about Saturday's plans? well one of my longtime best friends who got me into going to my first anime convention suggests doing a group cosplay from an anime I absolutely cannot pronounce except it just sounds like "Duaadaldaladdagaa"  or something. hahahaha.  I'll have to get back to ya on that when I've figured out what it is.. and which character he suggests I should cosplay as..

I've had a few ideas on doing Maka from Soul Eater - her latest outfit in the manga only. I cosplayed as her from the beginning of the series last year, and I really would like to do her second outfit and her newly acquired death scythe.
Here's a fan made artwork of the two Maka's in both their outfits.  I was the one on the right last year, and I and absolutely diggin the second. AND her scythe.. man I already have crazy ideas on how to make that... and I'm a little stuck just because there's the whole blade part. Gawd how am I gonna do this.. Hmm... The outfit Id have to get commissioned, maybe from the same Ebay seller who already is selling Yin's costume.  Anyways, I'm diggin this second outfit of Maka's, but if I do this outfit, i'd prefer to wear it on the Saturday (the most popular day), and maybe see if my brother would be Black Star again too.  We'll seeeeeeeee.....It would be nice to get a group cosplay of the manga character's newer outfits.

I also been thinking about Hell Girl, I love her kimono.. I really want to do this!! hahahaha. this way, I don't have to smile so much..just stare. With my red eyes. Pretty huh?




Anyways been thinking a lot about what to do next year. I just love dressing up!! it's so fun. I just really want to get the Maka thing going!! It would be so awesome to get it going before someone does it...


One last cosplay idea is doing Hiyori Sarugaki from Bleach again - I was her 2 years ago, but I never made her mask. Here's a deviant art of her (taken from the manga but colored by this dude):
I really would like to get her mask started too - I have the materials for it!!!! this would be a cheap outfit cuz I already have it! I would like to make her sword too.. hmm...argh so many ideas!! WHATDOIDOOOOOOOOOOOOO!


Well Sackboy is almost done! I just need EYES!  I'll ponder this whole cosplay thing some more on my own time...

No comments:

Post a Comment